Law firms regularly maintain vast amounts of sensitive data, including personal and corporate information of clients, employees, and even parties and witnesses in litigation. Should a data breach occur, law firms can be exposed to claims for liability, reputational harm, and significant losses in complying with breach notification laws.
Florida Lawyers Mutual partners with cyber experts Tokio Marine HCC – Cyber & Professional Lines Group to provide $50,000 limit of cyber liability coverage to every policyholder at no cost to you.
“Florida Lawyers Mutual has partnered with cyber experts Tokio Marine HCC – Cyber & Professional Lines Group to provide $50,000 limit of cyber liability coverage to every policyholder.”
We are pleased to announce that we can also offer additional, higher limits of coverage to existing policyholders, including a streamlined Increased Limits application process and simplified underwriting for applicants. This coverage is underwritten by Tokio Marine HCC – Cyber & Professional Lines Group and issued on their Houston Casualty Company NetGuard® Plus Cyber Liability Insurance Policy. Qualified applicants can simply complete the Program Application, choose a limit, and request to bind coverage and pay the applicable premium.
- Excellent, state-of-the-art coverage
- Affordable premiums, efficient delivery
- Expert claims handling
- Backed by a highly-rated, financially secure, global insurance group
- Broad coverage for data that is stored with third parties, including BPO service providers, outsourced IT providers and independent contractors
- Worldwide coverage, where permissible
- System Failure coverage triggers include accidental damage or destruction, administrative and operational mistakes as well as computer crimes, including acts of cyber terrorism
- Property Damage exclusion does not apply to electronic data
- Includes coverage for breach of corporate information
- Acts committed by rogue employees are covered, as well as privacy claims brought by employees
- Multimedia Liability and Security & Privacy Liability include coverage for liability assumed under contract
- Extended Reporting Period available for 1-3 years
- Simple, 10-question application
- Limits of $250,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000 (in excess of the limits in FLMIC’s base policy form)
- Higher limits are available!
- Applicant must be a current/prospective lawyers’ professional liability insurance policyholder with Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company;
- Subject to Underwriting receipt, review, and approval of the NetGuard® Plus Cyber Liability Insurance Program Application
Coverage cannot be bound under the terms and conditions of this program for Applicants that do not fall within the program qualifications; however, Applicants will be considered for coverage outside of the program, subject to individual underwriting.
Please email the completed application to Dana Pollard Carulli at firstname.lastname@example.org.