Law firms regularly maintain vast amounts of sensitive data, including personal and corporate information of clients, employees, and even parties and witnesses in litigation. Should a data breach occur, law firms can be exposed to claims for liability, reputational harm, and significant losses in complying with breach notification laws.
For years, Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company (“FLMIC”) has partnered with Tokio Marine HCC – Cyber & Professional Lines Group to automatically offer $50,000 worth of cyber liability coverage to every policyholder.
FLMIC is pleased to announce that we can also offer additional, higher limits of coverage to existing policyholders, including a streamlined Increased Limits application process and simplified underwriting for applicants. Qualified applicants can simply complete the Program Application, choose a limit, request to bind coverage and pay the applicable premium.
- Excellent, state-of-the-art coverage
- Affordable premiums, efficient delivery
- Expert claims handling
- Backed by a highly-rated, financially secure, global insurance group
- Broad coverage for data that is stored with third parties, including BPO service providers, outsourced IT providers and independent contractors
- Worldwide coverage – claims can be brought outside of the U.S.
- Network Asset Protection coverage triggers include accidental damage or destruction, administrative and operational mistakes as well as computer crimes, including acts of cyber terrorism
- Property Damage exclusion does not apply to electronic data
- Includes coverage for breach of corporate information
- Acts committed by rogue employees are covered, as well as privacy claims brought by employees
- Multimedia Liability and Security & Privacy Liability include coverage for liability assumed under contract
- Extended Reporting Period available for 1-3 years
- Simple, 10-question application
- Limits of $250,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000 (in excess of the limits in FLMIC’s base policy form)
- Higher limits are available!
- Must be a current/prospective insured with Florida Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company for lawyers’ professional liability
- Must not have experienced any privacy or security claims/incidents in the past 3 years
- Must have a firewall and anti-virus system in place
- Must be a law firm with no more than $20,000,000 in annual revenue (Larger risks can be submitted to Tokio Marine HCC – Cyber & Professional Lines Group for further consideration)
Coverage cannot be bound under the terms and conditions of this program for Applicants that do not fall within the program qualifications; however, Applicants will be considered for coverage outside of the program, subject to individual underwriting.
Please email the completed application to email@example.com.