Be your heart’s own advocate.
By Aaron H. Wallace, Esq.
1. Lawyers are especially prone to stress-related illness.
2. In life, “partner” means more than the top spot at a law firm.
3. As lawyers, we’re at our best when our work comes from the heart.
4. We lawyers need each other.
- Consider asking your bar community about upcoming virtual social events and sign up!
- At the same time, start creating a social life that exists apart from your career by reviving old friendships that have grown dormant. Reaching out can feel uncomfortable, but ask yourself how you would feel if a long-lost friend suddenly gave you a call.
- Think about adopting a pet. They need companionship too!
- Explore your health coverage for counseling services.
- Download the ABA’s Well-Being Toolkit for Lawyers and Legal Employers.